How We Collect Personal Data About You
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone or at our store, or when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how users journey through our website, so we can offer the best possible experience. The ways we collect information are listed below.
- When you register or use erdem.com (the ‘Website’)
- When you are registered on the ERDEM customer relationship management system in store
- When you contact ERDEM by telephone or email
- When you sign up to receive emails from us at any shopping or press events
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products from ERDEM whether in-store or via the Website
The Data We Collect About You
We only collect and store the Personal Data about you that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and to keep you up-to-date on news about ERDEM. We collect and store Personal Data you submit when you register or make a purchase on this Website, in-store or at an ERDEM sales event. We will ask you to input and will collect personal details such as your name, email address, billing and delivery addresses, telephone number, payment details, date of birth, appointment booking and information given during the appointment, alteration and repair requests, automatically populated IP address, and information from cookies. The type and level of information requested or obtained will depend on the services you use (for example, whether you are simply browsing the website or making a purchase).
Social Media – Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
How We Use This Data
Personal Information provided or collected via this website, in-store, at a sales event or otherwise will only be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To process the registration of your account and maintain your account
- To provide you with customer service, manage any order that you place with us and to address any questions or complaints you may have
- For statistical purposes to improve the website and its services to you
- To monitor and/or keep records of our email and other communications with you
- To process payments or refunds, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transaction. ERDEM does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
- To process your tax free rebates. We share your personal information with HMRC.
Where we have your consent:
- To send you marketing updates via email about all the latest news, events and offers at ERDEM. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in any email. We share your personal information with a selection of third party email marketing providers who assist us in delivering our email marketing campaigns.
- To notify you about new or recently available product.
- To use your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are digital display, video on demand, search engine marketing, paid social – these are all on third party sites or platforms.
Where we have justifiable reason and legitimate interest:
- Responding to customer service enquiries raised in the store, online, social media or on the phone.
- Send an abandoned basket email via a third party supplier, eKnow.
- Analyze aggregated customer information with interactions that customers have with ERDEM in order to continually improve the products and services we offer through our sites. We do this using Google Analytics.
- For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using shopping habit information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences. We do this using our retail management software, Eurostop.
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to various marketing activities so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
How To Opt-Out
By registering an account online , in-store or at a sales event or by making a purchase online or in-store, you will be given the option to receive updates on new products, news, special offers, events of interest and promotions. You can choose not to receive marketing communications from us at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe facility in an email or other electronic communication from us
- Changing your email preferences within your registered account
- Sending an email to [email protected]
- Telephoning Customer Service on +44 (0) 203 327 3758
When contacting us, please specify the email address that you would like to be unsubscribed from (if it is different from the email from which you have contacted us). We will remove you from our marketing lists as soon as is reasonably practicable after you opt out.
How We Share And Store Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with certain service providers who provide services for us or perform administrative or marketing activities on our behalf, or who develop, host or maintain the website. These service providers may be granted access to some or all of the Personal Data you provide or we collect, depending on the activity required. Such service providers are similarly GDPR compliant and will be restricted from using the Personal Data you provide other than as is reasonably necessary to perform their services for us. We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We may also use service providers to assist us in aggregating and anonymising such information, so that it does not include any information from which any individual can be identified. In circumstances where Erdem Moralioglu Limited sells all or part of its business, your Personal Data may be transferred to the purchaser.
Your Personal Data may be transferred and stored outside the European Economic Area and be processed by staff who work for us or for one of our suppliers outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your Personal Data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
Access To, Or Updates To Personal Data
You can ask us to update, correct or provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you. You can make a request by writing to [email protected]
Erdem Moralioglu Limited’s registration number on the register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner is ZA041135.